Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] [#304] [1.8] "name conflicts" for implemented interface method with multiple signatures present

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CLOSED] [#304] [1.8] "name conflicts" for implemented interface method with multiple signatures present

I was just trying out some of the fixes in 1.7, specifically in regards to Task.FromPromise and the change to the IPromise interface (from two methods - where only one takes an errorHandler - to one method, such that the errorHandler must also be respected) and encountered a "name conflict" issue with the promise implementation that still had the two methods.

I've boiled it down to a minimum reproduce case -

public interface IAmSimpleInterface
    {
        void F(string x);
    }

public class NameConflictExample : IAmSimpleInterface
    {
        public void F(string x) { throw new NotImplementedException(); }
        public void F() { throw new NotImplementedException(); }
    }
    This results in an error

// Line 0, Col 0 : Cannot translate interface (Demo.App+IAmSimpleInterface) member '[Method Demo.App+NameConflictExample.F(x:System.String) :System.Void]' in 'Demo.App+NameConflictExample' due name conflicts. Please rename methods or refactor your code
    (As may be seen in the live compiler URL http://live.bridge.net/#113c9ab58825a6f5eb2a - figured I might as well use this system since you've put shareable links in place! :))

If I remove the parameter-less "F" method in the implementation then the error goes away.

The 1.7 changes to address my Task problems have worked well, btw!
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; 2016-03-15 @ 05:56 PM.

Thanks for the report. Yes, such code should be translated without any problem
    We fixed the issue. The fix is commited to GitHub repository

The issue is tracked at https://github.com/bridgedotnet/Bridge/issues/304
    Last edited by Leonid; 2015-07-15 @ 09:38 AM.

Comment

FAST! :eek: ...

Comment

Working...
      X