Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CLOSED] [#3331] InvalidCharacterError in Edge

Hi

I have an urgent problem with Bridge 16.5.0 in Edge. I get an InvalidCharacterError in line 1056, but I'm not familiar enough with JS details as to recognize the root of the cause. Also, 16.5.0 works in all other browsers I normally use: Click image for larger version  Name:	2017-12-21 17_03_31-Microsoft Edge.png Views:	1 Size:	38.9 KB ID:	5062

Any ideas? Thanks!

Marco
    Last edited by fabricio.murta; 2017-12-27 @ 03:13 PM.

I forgot to mention: The error occurs in bridge.js, obviously.

Comment

Hi Marco,

Any chance you could provide a simplified sample demonstrating how to reproduce? A Deck would be awesome.

We are investigating.

Comment

We need to know the exact value of the obj variable in your scenario.

Comment

Hi Geoffrey, I was able to reproduce the problem easily in Deck.net, I hope that helps you:

https://deck.net/eebdf291ff48a3fa4411c74af75b1fc5

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-12-22 00_16_37-Microsoft Edge.png
Views:	1
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	5068

In short: Iterations over HTMLElement.Attributes does not work properly in Edge... for what ever reason. I'll try to find a workaround.

Comment

I was able to work around the problem by using a regular for-loop. So the problem is not urgent any more.

https://deck.net/3f66668b13cf050a0e3b39ee94521a04

Comment

Hello @Marco!

I've just tested your deck (https://deck.net/eebdf291ff48a3fa4411c74af75b1fc5), in MS-Edge and it works! Yes, it works! So I believe this error was either addressed or introduced between the versions we have. Mind if we compare our MS-Edge versions?

Here: Microsoft Edge 40.15063.674.0 // Microsoft EdgeHTML 15.15063

You can check it out by going to the context (" . . . ") menu, then "settings", then scroll all way down.
              Last edited by fabricio.murta; 2017-12-22 @ 11:26 AM. Reason: Formatting the get-version-steps.

Comment

Hi Fabricio
                I'm using Edge 41.16299.15.0, so a newer version. I suppose it might be newer because I just performed the fall creators update.

Hope you can reproduce it.
                Best regards
                Marco

Comment

Hi Marco, For some reason, your last post in this thread was automatically marked as unapproved by the forum software, but we're not sure why. All forum permissions appear to be correct. We are investigating to try and figure out why exactly it happened and prevent from happening again.

Comment

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the additional information.
                    Confirming the issue in Edge 41.16299.15.0 installed with the fall creators update.

We are investigating. Looks like they changed validation rules for DOM objects in the latest Edge release.
                    At minimum, that may affect iteration, comparison, formatting and cloning applied to DOM objects.

Comment

The issue #3331 has been created on GitHub to track the progress.

Comment

The fix Andrey suggested made it to our integration branch, and looks really great! The fix is now available from Bridge's dev branch and will be released in the next Bridge version (currently 16.6.1, but may become 16.7.0 if we add in any new features in the meanwhile).

Comment

Working...
                        X