Bridge compilation error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge compilation error

I've been porting code from our C# Silverlight project to our Bridge.NET project. Apparently I've delved too deeply and brought over something that Bridge.NET doesn't like. I'm getting:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error 2018-04-03T17:02:42:863 Error One or more errors occurred. at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll(Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    at Bridge.Translator.Translator.BuildSyntaxTree()
    at Bridge.Translator.Translator.Translate()
    at Bridge.Build.BridgeCompilerTask.Execute() CIN.Bridge
    My plan is to go look at the Bridge.NET source and see what it's trying to do. Then I'll start trying to exclude things to see if I can narrow it down. Do you have any other advice on how to proceed? It's too much code to paste (about 100 classes). If I do find it, I'll follow up. I've already tried setting the C# version of the project in question to v6, but no other C# compiler errors lit up.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Hello @kfinke!

If you look the build output, some lines above this error you pasted you should find another error that (hopefully) points to the file and approximate line the issue happened.

As the BuildSyntaxTree() method calls concurrent tasks, the error may be anywhere in the log since the method was called, but if you don't have logging enabled, the only output there should be the exception thrown during the code parse, even if you have many files.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Try adding the following config to your projects bridge.json.

"logging": {
        "level": "Trace"
      }
      The .log file is sent to the same output folder as your .js file. It might be huge if you have a large project and the total build time might take longer. Once complete, scroll to the bottom of the .log file and there should be some additional details. Post what you can here.

If you isolate the code that is throwing the exception, creating a simplified Deck demonstrating how to reproduce would be the most helpful.

More info on logging is available in the docs:

https://github.com/bridgedotnet/Brid...ration#logging

Comment

Working...
      X