Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did retyped.com go?

Where did retyped.com go?
    I am redirected to bridge.net and no longer see the examples and the search libraries option?

I am really a big fan of Bridge.net/retyped.
    The fact that you compile C# to javascript with all the advantages of a typed language is a big advantage for large and complex web applications.
    What is also very useful is that you define your data structures once and use them in the frontend and backend in the same language.
    The fact that the entire reflection api is compiled to javascript gives a lot of possibilities for things like type-containers and plugin-like architecture on the client side.
    I would be very sorry if this project slowly dies out.
    Last edited by guidovanhils; 2021-02-09 @ 05:15 PM.

Hi. There wasn't a lot of interest in Retyped from the .NET community, but the NuGet packages will live on. We do plan to roll the old Retyped project into Bridge.NET itself, but unfortunately we just don't have the resources available at this time to devote to that rather large undertaking.

Comment

Thank you for your comment.
      Yes it's a missed opportunity that Bridge.net/Retyped has received little attention in the .NET community.
      I think it has so much potential, even now with the rise of Blazor and webassembly, Bridge.Net has advantages:
      Manipulation of the dom from C#, and easy interop with existing JavaScript libraries.

I've been working with Bridge.Net for a while. I really see the C# code as the source code!
      The generated javascript is actually uninteresting. (just as generated byte code is uninteresting for application developers)
      With the good debug tools in the browsers and source mapping, debugging the C# code is also super easy.
      Last edited by guidovanhils; 2021-02-09 @ 05:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X