• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UI-Implementation based on jQuery UI

Hello,

this is my first attempt to implement an user interface based on jQuery UI:

http://tuebbentools.bplaced.net/brid.../www/demo.html

But there is still a lot of work: learning more about C#, Bridge and JavaScript, implementing more widgets (aka 'controls') and features, fixing bugs, writing a documentation, creating a github-repository and so on.

I 'm curious about your opinions. ;)

Greetings ... Peter

Hello @PeterT,

That is a great news! Thank you for sharing. Tweeted.

There is the Bridge.jQuery package already and having a Bridge jQueryUI package as well would be just awesome.

The demo looks cool! Good luck with all the work you've planned. By the way, I think that creating a GitHub repo at early stages might bring contributors.

Comment

Hello Daniil,

thank you for your kind words! :-)

At the moment i'm not happy with naming my package "jQueryUI" because it's not like your jQuery-Package (to wrap jQuery-Commands) but rather a mix of Windows-Forms-Commands with jQueryUI-Widgets. (i hope, you know, what i mean)

I also don't want to name the package Bridge.UI, because i bet, that there will be in the future several other user interface implementations (like qooxdoo, kendoui and zebra from terricide).

If you have a better name, please let me know. :-)

Thanks again & Greetings ... Peter (and sorry for my poor english)

Comment

At the moment i'm not happy with naming my package "jQueryUI" because it's not like your jQuery-Package (to wrap jQuery-Commands) but rather a mix of Windows-Forms-Commands with jQueryUI-Widgets. (i hope, you know, what i mean)
        Ah, I was thinking that you write just the jQuery bindings for Bridge. The "a mix of Windows-Forms-Commands with jQueryUI-Widgets" statement feeds my imagination, but now I am not sure what exactly you are building:) It is difficult to come with any naming suggestions on the thing without a better understanding what the thing is. If/when you are ready/willing to share the source code and some examples on usage (with also the source code), we might review and got better grasp and then, maybe, suggest some names.

Or you can name it the PeterT.Bridge package:)
        Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; 2016-04-26 @ 01:03 AM.

Comment

The "a mix of Windows-Forms-Commands with jQueryUI-Widgets" statement feeds my imagination, but now I am not sure what exactly you are building:)
          for this reason there is the Icon to show the underlying code.

Here is a simple example to open a dialog with a button

Dialog myDialog = new Dialog(); // create a dialog (Dialog ≙ Windows.Forms.Form)

Button myButton = new Button(); // create a button
          myButton.Text = "Click me";
          myButton.Top = 10;
          myButton.Left = 10;
          myButton.Width = 200;
          myButton.Height = 30;

// (alternatively you can write: Button myButton = new Button("Click me", 10, 10, 200, 30);)

myButton.Click += MyButton_Click; // add a click-handler
          myDialog.Widgets.Add(myButton); // add the button to the dialog
          myDialog.Show(); // or myDialog.ShowDialog() to show it modal
          Or you can name it the PeterT.Bridge package:)
          :D

I think, i name it Bridge.jQUI...

​Thanks & Greetings ... Peter

Comment

Yeah, I saw the source code, but my initial grasp was you are building jQuery C# bindings for Bridge.

It looks like I have a better grasp now. You'd like to have the UI components and API similar to Windows Forms as much as possible, but underlying JavaScript engine is jQueryUI. Please clarify is my assumption on your project's goal correct?

Comment

Hello,

If you are going to publish to NuGet, it would be best to stay in your own namespace with the package naming convention. For example:

PeterT.jQUI or PeterT.jQueryUI, but not Bridge.jQUI

Comment

Hello Daniil,
                Hello Geoffrey,

Originally posted by Daniil
                You'd like to have the UI components and API similar to Windows Forms as much as possible, but underlying JavaScript engine is jQueryUI.
                yes, that is exactly what i want to do.

Originally posted by Geoffrey
                it would be best to stay in your own namespace with the package naming convention
                thanks for your advice!

Thanks & Greetings ... Peter

Comment

Hi PeterT,

Did you publish your code to Github or NuGet ?

I'm keen to have a play with the wrapped, it looks impressive.

Regards
                  Andrew

Comment

Looks awesome!

Is this getting published as an open sourced library? Thanks.

Comment

Hi Peter,

Your demo is looking very good!!

I have made an bridge.net application.
                      See example: MakeBottle

I am not very pleased with the current GUI (based on w2ui), Is there any change that I can use your library for the GUI? ;)

Hope to hear from you?

Best regards, Guido

Comment

Working...
                      X