No announcement yet.

ExpressCraft - UI Framework

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it's working now. Sample loads and runs as expected.

Comment

Also rawgit is a live (5 mins delayed from the master branch on github) preview - there might of been an error while you ran.

It is all working for me on all browsers. - is there a certain action that it does not work on.

Comment

kdarby - sorry i am working on the master branch - I will create a development branch so this doesn't happen.

Comment

I just tried again and it works now, it was a JS exception, but I didn't catch it. I will report again if it reoccurs.

Thank you.

Comment

Thank you, Hope you have a good day

Comment

samuelgrahame could you please push a new nuget package that's compatible with bridge 15.7? Thanks

Attempting to resolve dependencies for package 'ExpressCraft.0.0.0.6' with DependencyBehavior 'Lowest'
              Unable to resolve dependencies. 'Bridge 15.7.0' is not compatible with 'ExpressCraft 0.0.0.6 constraint: Bridge (= 15.6.0)'.

Comment

kdarby - I will do that now, should be around 15 minutes :)
                Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; 2017-02-02 @ 10:02 PM.

Comment

I saw some saying they needed the Color structure - I added support - except for from a string - To and From Hex has been added.

It has KnownColor Enums - etc Color.Black

It gets auto converted to a Hex String when setting to a string, "Implicit conversion"

Comment

Any updates ?
                    I'm assuming you have moved development away from the Master on Github ?
                    Curious to see how its progressing.

Andrew

Comment

Sorry, I have been on holiday for the last two weeks just got back, There will be updates soon :)

Comment

Ahh.. Sorry.. I hope you had a great break/holiday !!!

Looking forward to your next series of updates.

Comment

Hey, what's up. I have to say I love your ideas (I was building a UI framework too, though I didn't think of implementing the MS ribbon widget, and definitely didn't think of a registry-like API - very cool)!

But I've got one very big concern: accessibility. I've seen way too many UI frameworks that are built for designers, who want a ribbon or a dialog or whatever, but completely forget stuff like correct labeling, ARIA roles, etc. and the end result is a crappy user experience for screen reader users. I tried a few of your test widgets with NVDA (a popular open-source screen reader) and found that so far, this framework falls into the same category. I could list the stuff I think needs changing but I don't want to step on your toes - you have a great project going here, and the issues I found are also found in other frameworks - so it's not just you.

But I'd like to help. I don't see the point in us both doing UI frameworks when you got a great one already in progress. And I know most of the ARIA stuff needed to make custom widgets more accessible to people using assistive tech. Now I'm not promising that the framework will meet every guideline in WCAG 2.0 AA, but I'm sure I could at least help make the widgets accessible "out of the box". And this can be done without changing any of the visual stuff, so you've got nothing to lose. :)

Comment

Hey DojoMike, I know what you mean, The Orignal purpose for the framework was to help make business software for the company I work for. We make enterprise business management software. We wanted to have the same experience for the users that are using the .net forms versions to be able to cross over to the web browser version.
                            So that there is less training which from our customers is a big issue.

I don't mind working together, I don't mind you giving criticising - whatever helps the development of the framework. I agree why have so many frameworks.

I guess the best thing is to list the things that need to be changed, Create a pull request, I am really interesting on what we can do together if you would like to give me an email, It is samuel@intelogy.com.au

I guess from there, I could at you as a contributor.

Comment

DojoMike one of my ideas was to have forms link to poco classes, Etc Employee Record form:

txtInputLastName.SomeField = nameof (SomeNameSpace) + "." + nameof (employees) + "." + nameof(employees.LastName);
                              so maybe we could use a feature like linking the documents to a poco last but also use it as aria labels two.

Poco - Form Input Linking Features.
                              • Add change events to the control
                              • Add Aria Labels
                              • Add Load and Save from a Server
                              just thinking of a way of killing two birds with one stone
                              Last edited by samuelgrahame; 2017-03-26 @ 11:57 PM.

Comment

I've never heard of "poco", but I will definitely check out what you got and submit a pull request. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X