Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CLOSED] [#3514] TimeSpan is missing Parse function.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CLOSED] [#3514] TimeSpan is missing Parse function.

This seems like quite a critical omission.
    Where might this feature be in the pipeline? Is there any decent way to work around this?

- selinc

Hello @selinc!

This is just that not 100% of .NET is mapped to Bridge. We are porting in methods as many as we can get, prioritizing what people are actually using. Well, so this feature has just got in the list of priority features to port to Bridge.

We've logged the feature request under #3514 in github, thanks for the report!

By the way, other methods are missing like TryParse, ParseExact. Ideally, when we add this missing bit you reported, we should completely sync the System.TimeSpan struct with .NET one.

Comment

I see. I was just expecting it because DateTime is supported. (Although not all the same params for parsing).

Comment

Hello @selinc!

Good news, we've recently implemented parse support for the System.TimeSpan struct. It will be available next Bridge version. Currently it would be 17.1.0 (but this may change in the meanwhile).

Thanks for reporting us the need for that.

As a note about last thing I said in previous post, in this implementation we just completed the partial implementation we had of the class, so we didn't sync the code with .NET's. This is not a problem and should reflect the .NET implementation, just it is not 100% bridge generated code (we did implement client-side code in javascript).

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
          X