Bridge.NET for Visual Studio 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridge.NET for Visual Studio 2019

I was wondering if there are plans to make Bridge.NET available for Visual Studio 2019 anytime soon?

It's unlikely VS 2019 will be supported unless the community creates a pull-request with support. Unfortunately, we don't have the budget available to purchase Visual Studio 2019 licenses. We had a trial license while it lasted, but we're locked out now. Our focus will be on supporting Bridge development using the dotnet and bridge command line apps and using Visual Studio Code.
    Last edited by geoffrey.mcgill; 2019-04-05 @ 08:04 PM.

Comment

Looks like there is a Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition that might work for us. We'll give it a try.

Comment

Can you point out in which subfolder on github I can find the source code for the visual studio plugin?

Comment

I created a new C# Class Library project in Visual Studio 2019 and added Bridge to the project using NuGet. The project built and ran correctly.

We will have to investigate why the Bridge.NET for Visual Studio extension is not supported in Visual Studio 2019.

Comment

We have created a draft of the .vsix with support for Visual Studio 2019, see
            https://github.com/bridgedotnet/Bridge/issues/3910

We are looking for some community members to test the installer before publishing to the Visual Studio Gallery.

Please give the installer a try and respond with your results or feedback. Once we get confirmation from a few community members that the installer is working as expected, we will publish to the Visual Studio Gallery.

Comment

We have made the VS2019-compatible package available at: https://github.com/bridgedotnet/Brid....0-vs2019.vsix

The link and some instructions on testing it locally have been added to the issue pointed by Geoffrey in the last post above.

Comment

Working...
              X